Day 1 in Kyushu, Japan: From Kuala Lumpur to Fukuoka – A Bonus Day in Our Travel Itinerary!
Hello everyone, I'm back to write again! In my previous post I've talked about how my friends and I planned our trip to Kyushu, so in the following posts I'll be sharing our itinerary in as many details as I can remember!
As this post can get a little lengthy, here's an overview of what you'll expect!
Content Overview
- Transit Flight to Singapore
- Exploring Changi Airport
- Arrival in Fukuoka
- Exploring Dazaifu
- Dinner at Kamakiri Udon
- Walking to Tenjin
Transit Flight to Singapore - Tips for a Smooth Journey
Arrival at Changi Airport, Singapore

Onwards, to Fukuoka!
![]() |
| Quintessa Hotel Fukuoka Hakata Relax & Sleep Exterior |
![]() |
| Breakfast Bar at Quintessa Hotel Fukuoka Hakata Relax & Sleep |
![]() |
| Exercising my passenger princess privilege (self-proclaimed) |
Kurume Ramen at Ikkyu
![]() |
| Of course, I finished everything because it was THAT good, I swear I could eat at least another two more bowls if I'm here alone! |
Dazaifu, here we go!
![]() |
| Nishitetsu Dazaifu Station |
Strolling along Tenjinsama-dori
![]() |
| Umegae-mochi (Read more here if you'd like) |
The weather was great, and while it was crowded, the environment is still quiet and nice. The walk along the shopping street also made it less dreadful and before we noticed, we've already arrived at the entrance of Dazaifu Tenmangu!
Onwards to Dazaifu Tenmangu!
![]() |
| Entering Dazaifu Tenmangu |
![]() |
| Look at these beauties |
![]() |
| Just look at the crowd queueing... |
Right Next: Kyushu National Museum
Returning to Tenjinsama-dori
|
| Traditional sweets in the making |
![]() |
| Umegae-mochi-flavored ice cream. Try it yourself if you have the chance! |
Resting in Hakata Hotel
![]() |
| Quintessa Hotel Fukuoka Hakata Relax & Sleep Double Bedroom |
Dinner at Kamakiri Udon
![]() |
| Kamakiri Udon Exterior |
![]() |
| Left to right: Sashimi, Mini Katsudon, and Mentaiko Tendon |
Walking to Tenjin
![]() |
| On our way to Tenjin |
Having its underground shopping center being one of the most famous places to visit in Tenjin, we decided to walk through it to reach the subway station before parting ways, and hopped onto the subway to return to our hotel in Hakata!

















0 comments